[Umpqua Birds] Douglas Coast 1-24-15

  • From: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:26:06 -0800

Today I birded from Winchester bay to Lane County. My best birds were:

A probable GLAUCOUS GULL at the Winchester Bay pylons/oyster beds. I
believe it was a second cycle, Very pale white with pinkish legs and a
pinkish-yellowish bill with a dark tip. Feel pretty good about the ID but
it could be a glaucous-winged, I've been fooled before.

3 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE in a parking lot in the marina.

1 TOWNSEND'S WARBLER

18 or so RED CROSSBILLS

2 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS on the beach off Sparrow Ridge Lane (NORTH OF
GARDINER I can't remember the name exactly)

325 Sanderlings and about 10 DUNLIN at the same location

A great day! Sunny and HOT!