[Umpqua Birds] Re: Burrowing Owl west of Roseburg returns

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 17:45:00 -0800

Stella the Burrowing Owl (that's what my kids call her) did not appear when
we looked for her this afternoon. Residents say they haven't seen her for a
couple days. We'll see if she shows up again. Last year she was here
mid-December to about Feb 9.  A Turkey Vulture flew over while we were
chatting in the parking lot. Also one yesterday out North Bank during the
Paulson's Raptor Trip, which was a lot of fun.

Matt