[umga] Welcome to the new year!

  • From: UMGA Executive <umga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: umga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:37:49 -0600

Hello, everyone and welcome to UMGA 2005. I am your friendly e-mailer, Tannis
Silver.

The open house was a great success! Thanks to everyone who came out and made it
so great! We're planning to have all of our meetings go that well.

Or first meeting in the new year will be next Saturday, January 29. It will be
in the GSA (big glass room on the 2nd floor UC) from 2:30-10:00. It will be...
fun. That, I can promise! :)

UMSU and UMGA will be holding a Halo 2 tournament in IQ's on Thursday 27th
January.

Prizes will be provided by UMSU.

Details as such:
- teams of 4
- each team please supply your own Xbox, game, and controllers
- register your team at <umga@xxxxxxx>
- please show up half an hour before the tournament start time to set up
- tournament will be run on objective based games

Tournament starts at 4pm.

(Those of you who frequent the forums may realise that I didn't write any of
that part about the UMSU tournament. What can I say, I'm a cheater. ^_^;)
Speaking of the forums, anyone can be on the forums. All you have to do is go
to http://forums.umga.net/forum (or go to http://www.umga.net and follow the
links) and sign up! the forums include valuable information, like things that
apply to the club, discussions beween members, game selling/buying, and other
fun stuff.

So that's that. Meeting next saturday, UMSU Halo 2 tournament next Thursday,
forums. Awesome! See you guys out there!

- Tannis

(visit the UMGA website at www.umga.net)