[umga] Child's Play tournaments are tomorrow!

  • From: UMGA Executive <umga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:57:39 -0600

Just a reminder to you all that the Child's Play tournaments will be taknig
place tomorrow. The tournaments will be:

- Smash Bros. Melee
- Puzzle Fighter
- Space Invaders
- Capcom vs. SNK 2(possibly)

They are designed to be popular games that you guys would want to play, or fun
games that anyone could play. I'd just like to reiterate at this point that
this IS a charity fundraiser and although the prizes ARE awesome, the point is
to raise funds for Child's Play. There will be a silver collection at the door,
so ask your mom, sister, friends or friends (or anyone else) if they have any
spare change they'd like to donate as well. The tournaments will be held at the
University of Manitoba's University Centre in the Grad Student's Association
(GSA) lounge on the second floor (the glass room) starting at 2:00. the
rounaments will start around 5:00 and will be in order of the executives
discretion (the ones that are easiest to run will go first as we cross our
fingers and hope more people sign up for the others to make them easier to run.
:p ) If you have any questions, please check out the Childs Play section of our
website or e-mail us at umga@xxxxxxxx

We know it's exam season, but it's also christmas season and a time for
charity, goodwill towards others, and all that jazz. If you can spare the time,
please come down. Even if you just come for a little while and spend the rest
of the day in Lizzie Dafoe or Machray Hall, this is for a good cause and it's
going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks for your support in 2005! It's been a good year for the club and you're
all fantastic! Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it, and just
general happiness to everyone!

- Tannis & ALL the UMGA Execs

P.S. The website is awesome, as are the forums. Come check us out!

(To unsubscribe from our mailing list, please reply and ask nicely)