[UK TV Freelancers] PACT's new voluntary code of practice

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:29:45 +0100

Dear TV Freelancer,

As you know, TV Wrap and TV Freelancers have been working together to lobby
on freelance employment issues. This culminated in our recent submission to
PACT of the reports of malpractices which you sent in to us, and the
delivery of TV Wrap's petition to Downing Street.

The response from PACT council has just been published on their website
here:
http://www.pact.co.uk/news/art_dtl.asp?art_id=2493

Broadcast has reported this response in an article headed 'Pact rejects
compulsory code for indies' which we have reproduced with permission in our
forum at:
http://p206.ezboard.com/fuktvfreelancersfrm12.
We'd love to hear your feedback - please follow the link and share your
thoughts.

(When you visit the forum, you may notice some recent threads missing. The
service which hosts not only our forum, but hundreds of thousands of other
communities, suffered an attack from a hacker on Tuesday which removed the
last year's worth of postings from most forums - including ours. They are
working hard to restore the data from backups, but for now we have created a
temporary discussion forum for any new threads and postings, so that the
existing ones can be properly restored to their former glory. Our rates and
employer databases, your personal registration data, and other static pages,
are NOT affected as they are on different systems. With any luck, the
disruption will only last a few days.)

Best wishes,

www.tvfreelancers.org.uk