[UK TV Freelancers] Forum damage

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:44:03 +0100

Dear TV Freelancer,

I'm writing to apologise for the ongoing disruption to our forum - and to
let you know that you may be able to help with the restoral process.

As you already know, the forum, and tens of thousands of others like it, was
seriously damaged by the actions of a hacker a week ago. We've put more
information on the attack, why it was so damaging, and what's being done to
recover from it, on our site at www.tvfreelancers.org.uk.

We have a new temporary forum so that discussion can continue while the old
ones are under repair; rates and employer databases, mailing list, and other
pages are on completely unconnected servers and are thus unaffected - only
the forum server was hit, and no personal details were compromised.

However, if you visited our forum in the week or so before the attack on May
31st, you may still have some of the missing topics stored in your browser's
'cache' of visited pages. If you have time to check, we've put full
instructions on the site as to how you might be able to restore some of the
missing pages to us.

More news on other issues to follow - and we'll keep you posted on the
forum's health.

Best wishes as ever,

www.tvfreelancers.org.uk