[UHNA] Missing dog - Please help

  • From: "Amy Cress" <cress1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 19:26:34 -0400

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Hello everyone,

This is Amy from 701 Riddle. On sunday afternoon this past weekend, my friend and I came across a dog in the parking lot of Sawyer Point roaming around terrified, hungry, thirsty, and mildly injured on its left hind leg. It was obviously homeless and in need of help, so I took the dog home and had prepared to take it to the vet and keep it as my pet. It was amazing how the dog's demeanor and personality changed after I had it home in the back yard, where it was very happy, playful and friendly. I immediately fell in love with this dog! She even slept on a blanket in our backyard Sunday night without any problem.

I was very disappointed to learn that while I was at work for the day and my fiance had left to go to UC b/w 10:45am and 12:15pm, the dog escaped and ran away. I'm sure she was just scared and assumed she was being abandoned again, and jumped the fence. I am heartbroken and so worried about this dog b/c she is once again homeless and scared, and still needs medical treatment. If anyone knows anything about this or spotted the dog in the past couple of days, please let me know right away! My phone number is 961.4052 (home) and 550.6126 (cell).

The dog is a medium to large short-haired female (I would guess around 30 pounds). She has black hair on her back and brown hair on all four legs. She has both black and brown hair on her face. She has a couple of small open wounds on her left hind leg. I'm not sure what breed she is, but she has a long face and snout.

Thanks for your help and support,
Amy Cress