[UHNA] Martin Luther King renovation -- THIS AFFECTS US

  • From: "Daniel Lewis" <dflewis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 17:51:32 -0400

Hi all

The attached letter is the response from CUF board members to recent
presentations by the city on planned renovations to MLK and the MLK-Clifton
Ave. intersection.  It enumerates some concerns that were razed.

Due to the cool reception that these proposed renovations received by both
the CUF and Clifton neighborhood Ass., there will be a public meeting on
this issue on Monday July 25 at 7:00 PM at the Clifton Cultural Art Center
at 3771 Clifton Ave.  (This building is on Clifton Avenue a bit past Ludlow
Avenue.  Look for a fountain on the west side of the road.)

This issue directly and dramatically impacts Riddle Road and Probasco.   The
surveyor's stakes have already been posted to take a bite out of Burnett
Woods, and we are slated to lose the privilege of making left turns on or
off MKL at MLK and Riddle.  The people who came and spoke indicated that no
study had been done of the impact of these proposed changes on the
University Heights neighborhood.

We need a strong show of support if we are to be taken seriously.  Please
come if you can.

Daniel Lewis