[UHNA] CUF meeting.

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <csummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:21:57 -0400

There was a very informative CUF meeting last night. Representatives from
the League of Women voters explained all the issues objectively and in great
detail. I try to keep informed and didn't know some of the issues were on
the ballot. I don't have time to go into detail but urge you to get the
League newsletter. I have a few copies if you want and they are available at
all library branches. The issues will be discussed again at the Clifton
Forum tonight plus you will have and opportunity to meet the City Council
candidates. (see previous email for details.)

The new president is John Stork. He announced the passing of Truman  Toland,
long time CUF resident and board member. The police report focused on an
increase in theft from autos as the students return.

A representative from the City Environmental Office presented a plan that
the Community can make money by increasing recycling. There was also a
discussion about abuse of recycling bins, a big problem in Clifton Heights.
If residents use the recycle bins for trash or contaminated materials, the
city can remove them. If you know of any, contact the City  at 591-6000.
Rumpke will not pick up recycling containers which are being used for
non-recyclable trash. (I don't know the standards)

Have a great fall. Cindy Lewis