[UHNA] CUF

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <csummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:52:03 -0400

Good morning on a rainy spring day. Here are highlights of the CUF meeting
on Tuesday.

*       The campus police reported a major increase in thefts on campus. The
city police did a very thorough job of monitoring a major party on Wheeler
earlier in the month.

*       Debbie Gardner gave a talk on safety emphasizing  the need to be
aware. One quick tip. If you are attacked, take a breath from your belly,
grip your hands to restore circulation and see yourself winning.

She says that if the person gets into your space after you have warned him
or her, go for the throat.

I'm not sure if all police officers would agree except in life threatening
situations.

*         Pat Ward from Deaconess Foundation announced that ITN Cincinnati
will be starting soon. It is a program to provide transportation for seniors
to doctors etc so they can stay in their home. There is a yearly fee-$75.00
per year. They are looking for volunteer drivers. See
ITNGreaterCincinnati.org

for more info.

*         Cameron Ross, a Cincinnati City Planner explained the work the
City is doing with the I-75 changes especially involving green space and
quality of life.

*         Suzanne Somers  announced the Cleanup Day on Saturday April 26.
Please join us at Christy's at 8:30 for coffee and doughnuts. We need
neighborhood support. If you can't go but want to help locally, call Daniel
at 221-2540 and he can make arrangements.

*         Thanks, Cindy Lewis