[uae] Re: uae doesn't compile without X

  • From: "Peter Volkov (pva)" <pva@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:18:33 +0300

On Пнд, 2007-03-05 at 18:48 +0000, Manuel Alfayate wrote:
> I am trying to build a minimal system for E-UAE on a MAC MINI G4 PPC
> computer, using Gentoo Linux as the host system.
> The first problem I have to face is that baselayout-lite WON'T emerge
> (Package MASKED: "missing keyword"; according to gentoo's PPC handbook it
> means that the package is not properly tested on my architecture). I have
> added the line in the tutorial to portage keywords file, but it still won't
> emerge.

What line and where have you added? Also do not forgive to read portage
documentation (man portage, man emerge (especially section on MASKING))

> Any ideas? maybe manually un-tar-ing the package on the /target
> directory will work?

Yes. But this is not the best solution.

> In the other hand, E-UAE won't emerge without X on this system; I have set
> the USE variables described in the guide. but it won't build because of
> errors compiling. Using glibc 2.5, latest portage, and latest gentoo-sources
> kernel. Thanks!

What version do you try to compile? Also, please, attach full build log
and config.log from ${PORTAGE_TMPDIR}/app-emulation/e-uae-*/work/*/

Peter.