[uae] Re: patched file to support different virtual/physical screensize

  • From: "Antonio Vargas" <windenntw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:00:30 +0100

On 12/16/06, Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Antonio

On Monday 04 December 2006 16:11, Antonio Vargas wrote:
> I attach complete changed sdlgfx.c file, with support for using small
> framebuffer and use opengl to expand to full screen...

Thanks for the patch. I want to think about how I want to support this feature
first. Should E-UAE always upscale to the default (i.e., desktop) resolution?
Maybe for LCD owners. But for users with CRT monitors a smaller resolution
may make sense, if it allows a better (more desirable) refresh rate.

Yes, 100% agree with you, I did this exactly to avoid the rather nasty
auto-scaling on the TFT/LCD screens, while having hardware
doublebuffer+vsync support. BTW OSX supports vsync even in windowed
mode, so it may

> Since I hate blurred pixels, I've kept the code reduced to integer
> scalings... at the moment it works 100% on windowed mode (for example
> using ppaint in 640x480 picasso mode it scales to my 1280x1024
> flatpannel resolution), while fullscreen for some extrange reason
> gives a bit of vertical blurring... I ask for help on that one so that
> we can finally have fast pixel-perfect drawing tools ;)

Well, 1280x1024 isn't an integer multiple of 640x480. 1280x960 would be.

hmm, yes but when running ppaint this way I think I did use 640x512
pal screen which is half my native 1280x1024. Will make a bit more
testing...

Anyways, would you be ok with some config options like these:

sdl.scale = 1/2/3/4/...   # manual integer scaling factor
sdl.flatpannel = true/false        # "i have a flatpannel and hate its
auto-scaling"
sdl.flatpannel_xres = 1280     # guess what ;)
sdl.flatpannel_yres = 1024
sdl.flatpannel_autoscale = true / false    # fill all screen in
fullscreenmode, almost all in windowed

for example if flatpannel resolution is 1280x1024 and you use an amiga
320x256, then:

when fullscreen, it will do x4 scaling to fill all
when windowed, it will do x3 so that the irc window is still visible
to the side ;)

Greetz, Antonio Vargas aka winden of network

http://network.amigascne.org/
windNOenSPAMntw@xxxxxxxxx
thesameasabove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every day, every year