[uae] Re: Wrong colors at startup sequence and emulator hang

  • From: Gingat Florent <fgingat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 23:24:58 +0200

On 6/7/05, Gingat Florent <fgingat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/7/05, Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Gingat
> >
> > On Tuesday 07 June 2005 06:29 am, Gingat Florent wrote:
> > > I use Gentoo 64BIT and e-uae compiled in 64bit
> >
> > I'm not aware of any problems with this configuration, but, as I said, I'm
> > unable to test this. I don know there are a couple of guys on this list with
> > AMD64s who may be able to offer some suggestions.
> >
> > >  For infos i can use uae compiled the same way
> > > (with gentoo compilation is automatised with compilations variable
> > > defined for all the system so compilation options are the same for uae
> > > and e-uae)
> > >
> > >  I'm sorry if i cannot tell you more about this problem ..
> >
> > Can you tell me what configuration options were used when building?
> >
> > >  Another problem i have is that if i enable sound my workbench is
> > > really slow ... if i disable sound wy workbench is so speed that i
> > > cannot double click .. i need to select open :p
> >
> > That's odd. You haven't got 'adjustable' CPU speed set have you? If so, try
> > it
> > with cpu_speed=max or cpu_speed=real.
> >
> > >  So does the sound need improvement for being really usable or may i
> > > have a problem with sound in my system ?
> >
> > I don't know. Which sound output system are you using? Is it built against
> > SDL
> > or OSS or ALSA?
> >
> > > I've tried with different kickstarts versions ( i own a1200 and a500
> > > so i cannot use another kickstarts) and with different memory and cpu
> > > configurations .
> >
> > I doubt the ROM image would be the cause of the problem.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rich
> >

> Ok for the infos ...
>
>  For the moment i've reinstalled windows98 for use winuae
> (sorry but protracker is more more attractive than Gentoo for me :p )
>  But i think this weekend  will reinstall a gentoo ... but i think in
> 32 bit mode .. i hope i can have JIT in e-uae 32 bit .
>
>  Thanks again and i will tell you if problems are here in 32bit

Ha forgot ..

 I've tried with sdl and alsa output .. i haven't OSS emulation layer ..
And for the gcc optimsation it was like -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops .. i know it is a little bit agressive (if it is really
gcc optimisations and not Gentoo like optimisation) but i've tried
without thoose optimisations and result is the same .. but all the
system was built on this optimisation basys so ....