[uae] Re: ToDo list

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:25:54 -0500

Hi Montag

On Friday 12 March 2004 02:46 pm, Montag wrote:
> What are the alternatives to SDL_mixer?

I don't really think there is any other suitable cross-platform API. The basic
SDL library itself has a crude audio mixer which might actually work better
in some ways for this than SDLmixer. The other approach is to implement
platform specific audio support. On some platforms this will be easy - e.g.
BeOS. Others will be more difficult - e.g. OSS on Linux/Unix. One approach
might be to output native audio and AHI audio to separate audio devices (this
would be an easy solution for OSS devices with two output channels). Another
simple solution for when there aren't two devices available and there's no
mixer available is to output either native audio or AHI audio - but not both
at the same time.

> A more stable bsdsocket emulation is really necessary. At the moment it is
> the primary cause of death of my system...

I know. I want to be able to run  SSH. ;-)