[uae] Re: SDL speedup

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 05:23:20 -0500

Hi Jesper

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 03:28 pm, blynel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Basically just flushing the whole screen each frame instead of doing a
> bunch of small flushes. Now gfx-sdl runs as smooth as gfx-x11 (only tested
> running Kick Off 2 though).

Okay. Tested this here on my slow and clunky Mac. I found your change causes a
slower frame-rate.

This is more like what I'd expect. The call to SDL_UpdateRect in
flush_screen() causes the entire surface to flushed to the screen each frame.
Using flush_block() can be more efficient, since the whole surface doesn't
need to be flushed - only the (100-line) blocks that have changed.

Can you compare frame-rates on your system with and without this change?