[uae] Re: SCSI doesn't work with SuperDrive

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 22:59:46 -0500

Hi Jens

On Thursday 04 March 2004 02:15 pm, you wrote:
> Doesn't support UAE the SuperDrive in some Macs?? It's a CD/DVD
> writer...

I've not been able to test SCSI support on OS X yet, due to the fact that I
don't have a suitable drive in my Mac. However, it should work. ;-)

Try setting the environment variable UAE_SCSI_DEVICE before launching UAE. If
you are using a csh shell (this is the default pre 10.3, I think).

setenv UAE_SCSI_DEVICE IOCompactDiscServices

If you use the bash shell

export UAE_SCSI_DEVICE=IOCompactDiscServices

For DVD drives it may be necessary to set this to IODVDServices instead.

I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has managed to get SCSI support
working on OS X.