[uae] Re: OSX.3.2 native UAE - fixed it !

  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:45:53 +0100

Hello Listreaders!

I joined the List today with the problem that I can not get the OSX
version to run, just to find out that someone already got it! But I was
too late to get all postings. Sorry, so I ask again:

The native UAE opens a terminal window and then runs fine.

I have X11 (on 10.3.2) and fink installed and in fink I installed all
SDL files. If I fire up the X11 build, X11 will open a terminal ... and
that's it. If I manually browse to the uae directory I get the error:
dyld: can't open library: /sw/lib/libgtk-1.2.0.dylib (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

What am I missing here?

>>You were right - I installed SDL not long ago but
>>obviously went for the wrong version (1.2.4a).
>>
>>Once you pointed out 1.2.7 - I installed that and
>>bingo!
>

> Great!

Here it does work fine with SDL 1.2.7, too. (the native build)

>>I would like a GUI,
>>otherwise, do I have to load different .adf files by
>>changing the floppy line in the config each time ?
>
> Yes. :-(
>
> There will be a native OS X GUI . . . eventually.

What exactly do you require for a GUI? I saw/used an approach called
MaxUAE GUI from some other guys. All it did was to create the config
file appropriate to the users settings and launch the emulator.
Unfortunately it was not very complete and did not seem to ever will be. :-(

Best regards and greetings from germany,
Sebastian.