[uae] Re: Newbiequestion: How to compile the sources?

  • From: uae-freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:35:38 +0100

Hello Karl,

On 26/03/2004, Karl Dietrich Bamler spake thusly:

> For example my Linux screen resolution is 1024x768. If i select the same
> resolution for the Workbench in UAE then the window on the Linux desktop
> gets bigger than the Linux screen. The only way i found was to select the
> next smaller resolution (i.e.800x600) for the Workbench, but thats way too
> small for me.
>
> I solved that for myself by editing the resolution numbers on different
> sourcecode files. I found resolution settings in picasso.c, svga.c, xwin.c
> and sdlgfx.c and i added my prefered resolution by overwiring another
> existing one. I did not care for picasso screen ID or somthing.

Can I add a "MeToo" to that?

I'd like to see a "1600x1200x32" screenmode in there somewhere if possible
(my usual Desktop size). Afraid I've long since forgotten how to calculate
the ID numbers, and I just ain't got time to mess around experimenting on
this one.

I'm currently buried deep in Fedora FC2 test material, from which I'm
unlikely to surface for weeks ... well that's my excuse anyway ;-)

Regards,

--
K.

Software suppliers are trying to make their software packages more
'user-friendly'.... Their best approach, so far, has been to take all
the old brochures, and stamp the words, 'user-friendly' on the cover.
-- Bill Gates