[uae] Re: 'New' bsdsocket emulation (was Re: A bit of static/extern problems with GNU GCC 4.0.0)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 04:57:44 -0500

On Saturday 11 June 2005 10:21 pm, Richard Drummond wrote:
> The updates are in CVS, but I'll provide a snapshot and some binaries for
> those who don't fancy mucking about with CVS.

Ok, sorry about the lack of binaries to test yet, but it still wasn't working
on OS X.

However, now it is! Yay!

/me gives himself a big pat on the back.

It turns out that it was the PPC stack magic stuff that was at fault. While it
worked on Linux, the bloody Mach-O ABI is sufficiently different to cause
problem. Now after some sweat and tears it works.

Test binaries tomorrow...

Anyway, this confirms my belief that the stack-magic stuff is hideous and the
work of the devil. A better, more portable and less evil solution is
definitely required... ;-)