[uae] Re: Minimal Linux for E-UAE

  • From: Amir Ansari <fractallyte@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:22:55 +0000

About the framebuffer depth issue - DirectFB definitely does support 32-bit depths. I suspect what is happening is that the framebuffer is in 16-bit mode when E-UAE starts, and so it thinks that is the default depth and uses that. Until I fix that problem, you can try changing the depth before starting
E-UAE. For example: fbset -depth 32

Duh! I could have sworn I read that the framebuffer only goes up to 16bit, and I never looked past that. Investigating now, you're absolutely right!

I'll go and correct it immediately... Then I have to look at my installation and figure out why it's only 16bit! ;-)

Amir