[uae] Re: Minimal Linux for E-UAE

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:39:21 -0500

Hi Amir

On Friday 02 March 2007 05:31, Amir Ansari wrote:
> I've posted a tutorial on how to build a small, light Linux to run
> E-UAE:

Nice job!

BTW, since you don't have Gtk+ I think you should also mention that you'll
need to build your own version of E-UAE with the configuration GUI disabled
(use the --disable-ui) option.

There is a port of Gtk+ to DirectFB, and it may be possible to use that, but I
haven't tried it myself yet.

I'll have a look at the keymapping problem with SDL on DirectFB.

About the framebuffer depth issue - DirectFB definitely does support 32-bit
depths. I suspect what is happening is that the framebuffer is in 16-bit mode
when E-UAE starts, and so it thinks that is the default depth and uses that.
Until I fix that problem, you can try changing the depth before starting
E-UAE. For example: fbset -depth 32