[uae] Re: How to get these characters on a PC keyboard under UAE

  • From: Karl Dietrich Bamler <amiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:52:34 +0200

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 13:17, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Karl about KME... I might look into this for a quick and dirty fix, but in
> the end IMHO there should be a proper solution.

I don't agree that the official way, the AmigaOS handles different keyboards,
should be a dirty fix.

At least its not dirtyer than a solution inside an emulator.

Even on a real Amiga you need a pc_d keyboard map if you have a PC keyboard
connected.

I think the problem is not the emulator, the problem is that you cannot find a
propper pc_d keymap. The one on Aminet is insufficient, the one that came
with Amithlon had trouble with the french accent keys. (deadkeys where
broken)

This is why i made my own. It was compatible with my A1200 Tower case
(PC-Keyboard-interface-inside), with Amithlon, and it's now compatible with
UAE.