[uae] Re: Hardfiles

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:09:37 +0200

Am Freitag, 30. Juli 2004 21:01 schrieb Toni Wilen:
> > It seems that there's a problem querying the geometry of the hard file.
> > It's using the GETGEOMETRY command, rather than issuing a SCSI-direct
> > command. This isn't currently supported, so maybe this is the source of
> > the problem.
>
> Ah, so thats why it works here with latest SFS, I added
> TD_GETGEOMETRY-support couple of weeks ago :)
>
> Anyway, I was sure SFS harddrives worked with older versions too.
> I guess I used older SFS that had SCSI-direct support...

Hello Toni,

yes, Joerg removed it in 1.187. I should still have it here, so I will try
with that one.

1.187
*  Max. name length increased to 107.
a  OS 2.x support removed.
a  SCSI_DIRECT support removed.
*  Disabled some unused code (deviceio/asynctransfer).
a  Removed non-working check for devices with broken
   TD_GETGEOMETRY (use NSDPatch.cfg instead if required).
*  Fixed ExAll reporting ST_FILE for softlinks(Emm)

> Here is TD_GETGEOMETRY-patch + some other small updates:

Thanks for the patch.

Since already the last patch didn't work with my UAE 0.8.25 sources I better
wait till Rich compiles a new version or I get around installing CVS to my
Linux machine to get the current UAE sources.

Regards,