[uae] Re: Hardfiles

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:39:32 -0500

Hi Martin

On Thursday 29 July 2004 03:05 am, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hmmm, I am getting:
>
> RDB: fakefilesys, trying to load
> '/home/martin/Amiga/System/L/SmartFilesystem', dostype 0x53465300
> HDF: faked RDB filesystem 53465300 loaded
>
> Hey, yours is using a different DOS-Type!

Okay. I made a mistake. Yes. SFS doesn't work here either. I get the same 'Not
a DOS disk' errors.

It seems that there's a problem querying the geometry of the hard file. It's
using the GETGEOMETRY command, rather than issuing a SCSI-direct command.
This isn't currently supported, so maybe this is the source of the problem.

I'll see if I can fix this.

> I use
>
> SmartFilesystem 1.227 (21.06.2004)
> AmigaOS 68k
>
> Anyone got an faked RDB hardfile with SFS to work correctly?

Anybody out there had any more luck? Perhaps with an earlier version of SFS?