[uae] Fullscreen on LCD TVs

  • From: "daniel åkerud" <daniel.akerud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:28:42 +0200

I have been trying to get e-uae to run in fullscreen mode satisfactory on my
HTPC. I think it works as designed, but the problem is that when I _don't_
use my TV's native resolution (1360x768) the TV only uses a small area in
the middle for the screen. And, when raising the resolution to the native
resolution, e-uae does not have scale/stretch functionality in order to use
the whole screen. I would need to invest in binoculars... :-P

Last night I delved into the code in order to come up with a possible
solution to the problem. I started hacking in the sdl/gl code in order to
understand it, and I also think that hacking stretch/zoom in gl-code would
come with next to no impact on speed.

What I've found out is (please tell me where i'm wrong):
- The pixel area is as large as the screen resolution
- The common gfx routines are drawing everything, including leds, and the
gfx subsystems (sdl, x11 etc) are completely unaware of where this is drawn.
- Hacking stretch/zoom in gl-code would conflict with the led-drawing.

I think I could quickly hack something for GL by changing texture
coordinates or the viewport. But it seems quite a bit more is needed in the
common code in order to get this done PROPERLY.

Is someone working on this? I'd love some input on all this...

/D