[uae] E-Uae slow downs on EeePC 901 (Intel Atom) and Ubuntu

  • From: Thorsten Mampel <thorsten.mampel@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:45:15 +0100

Hi.

I want to use Amikit on my EeePC with Ubuntu 8.04.
If I start the emulator it runs fast and good, but after a few seconds
the speed slows down to "unusable". I could see with a little tool, that
the CPU-usage turn from half to none. :-(

If i click to another window, maybe to Opera or any other app, the
CPU-usage switch to half and E-Uae runs fast again. This stays as long
as I use UAE or start an app in UAE, maybe a demo. But If I didnt use
UAE (call it "standby") it slows down and didnt speed up by its own. As
written, I need to switch to another app.

It looks for me, that the Intel Atom go to sleep and E-UAE is not able
to wake it up again.

Any solution ?

I tested it with the last official E-UAE-0.8.29-WIP4 and the last
test-version (e-uae-0.8.29-20080820).

Regards
Thorsten Mampel