[uae] Re: Catweasel support?

  • From: "Keith G. Robertson-Turner" <uae-freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:40:24 +0000

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 01:01, Richard Drummond wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 March 2004 06:56 pm, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> > I got the ISA controller.
> > I got the cwfloppy.o kernel module.
> > I got the affs.o kernel module.
>
> BTW. The affs.o module isn't required (or, rather, won't be required) for
> native catweasel support in UAE. The cwfloppy.o driver I imagine will cause
> conflicts, so will probably have to be unloaded.

Sure, I expected that would be the case.

The ISA controller isn't PnP anyway, so kudzu doesn't probe for it on
each boot. Currently I have to modprobe it in the rc.local, so removing
that is no hassle. Dunno about the PCI version though, but then I guess
you can always disable the kudzu service (do you have that at all on
non-RedHat distros?).

I s'pose you could always write a wrapper for UAE that looks for, then
rmmod's the driver if it's loaded, then reloads it after UAE quits.
Simple enough. I don't suppose the affs module makes any difference to
UAE one way or the other.

I'd quite like to get the PCI version, if only I had a spare PCI slot :(

There's quite a few things I'd like, but then they're all on hold until
I do a mobo upgrade. The graphics card is next on the list. I'm
currently using a 2nd generation NVidia chipset ... and the latest is
... is it ... 8th generation ????

I upgrade my hardware about once every 50 years, my last PC was an
ALTAIR 8800, and I only bought that because the paint had worn off my
abacus :)

--
Regards,

K.