[u3aavcuss] Re: Word 2002

  • From: "Mike Bean" <Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:45:42 -0000

Geoff,

First of all congratulations for trying to tune Word to the way you want it
- it's a cumbersome beast but it can be beaten into shape, but sometimes it
bites back!

I'm not sure how you were able to remove the File Edit and View menu bar
entries - I've tried on Word 2003 and cannot do it - but whatever, they've
gone.

Its somewhat overkill to reinstall something like Word as:

a) it's probably only a setting you've inadvertently changed and

b) Word is a very persistent part of Office and it's likely that much of the
previously installed product remains.

Anyway as you don't say what you have tried here's a basic approach that may
work, if it does not then please tell us what you have done!

N.B. This solution assumes that you have a Menu Bar at the top of the Word
screen where File, Edit and View used to be and where perhaps Format, Tools,
Table, Window etc. are still in place.

- On the Tools menu, click Customize.  (If there's not a Tools menu to
select, then use Alt-T)

- Click the Commands tab.

-  In the Categories list, scroll down to Built-In Menus and click.

- On the right of the Command box are standard commands, including File,
Edit and View. Select one by clicking it.

- Left-mouse drag the command name to the position you want on the menu bar
(selected position shown by a vertical bar)

- Repeat for the remainder of the missing commands.

- click close and heave a sigh of relief!

Happy Easter

Mike Bean

  _____