[u3aavcuss] CUSS Group Meeting - Friday 4th April - Internet Security - E-Mail and Web Browsing, risks and defences

  • From: "Mike Bean" <Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:22:43 +0100

U3A Aylesbury Vale Computer Users Support Service (CUSS) Group meeting

Place: Grange School
Date: Friday 4th April
Time: 15:30 (to 17:00)
Location: Computer room 2

This week's session will be -

Internet Security - E-Mail and Web Browsing, Risks and Defences

We will discuss Viruses, Trojans, Port Scanning, Spyware, Identity Theft,
FUD
and other threats. We will look at what these are and how they become a
nuisance or risk, what disruption or damage they can cause and how can we
reduce or avoid them altogether.

If anyone has any personal accounts of problems in this area and are
prepared
to discuss them and how they were overcome please tell us about it at the
meeting - personal experience is a good teacher.

As usual, in addition to the above, if there are specific or general
questions
on PC matters you wish to raise/discuss with the group note down the details

so that we can keep the meeting productive. Also please note that some
topics
/problems do not lend themselves to group discussion so may be cut short to
maintain general interest.

Mike Bean

* Please remember to wear your U3A badges at the Grange School.
* Any Aylesbury Vale U3A members are welcome - but an introductory e-mail
would
  be appreciated.
* All mail, unless intentionally directed to the group, should be sent
directly
  to me at Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and not as a reply to this
e-mail.
* Lost? Then call (612883) or e-mail me for directions to the venue.