[u3aavcuss] Virus Protection

  • From: Ron & Rosemary M - U3A <ronandrosemary62-u3a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: U3A CUSS Group <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:09:37 +0000 (GMT)

Good evening

It was interesting to read about Diana's problem with AVG and Mike's solution.

I have a similar problem not with AVG but McAfee. This comes as part of the
package with BT Internet since about January. Before that they used Symantec.

Symantec was no problem as you could tweak the settings to suit yourself. With
McAfee you can't unless I am missing a trick. It seems to want to update or
scan the system at the most un-appropriate moments not necessarily when you
expect. For example when I am editing video it will kick in if there seems
little activity almost grinding the system to a halt when in fact the PC is
working overtime but there is no mouse or keyboard activity.

Ok, I have learnt to live with it and prefer not to change but has anyone
experience of using McAfee particularly the version with BT ?

Regards Ron M :-)