[u3aavcuss] Slow Web Response

  • From: Ron & Rosemary M - U3A <ronandrosemary62-u3a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: U3A CUSS Group <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:32:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I have been reading the notes on Peter's problem with slow response times to
our web site. I have no problem with our web page times but certainly have
quite a difference on all sites depending on the time of day.

One thing I do find that Mike might like to think of for the future are the
outside links. Our site in common with lots of others opens an outside link in
the same window as the link page rather than in a new window. This means you
either use the back button and loose the outside link or open our site again.

I do hope members have looked at other local sites because ours is streaks
ahead ! For example some have years of outdated info, some like Wendover keep
things to themselves and others just need a good makeover. Some quite big U3A's
do not even have a web presence at all.

Bye Ron M :-)