[u3aavcuss] Fw: Fwd: Help Desks at General Meetings

  • From: "Shirley Stokes" <treveris9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:24:28 -0000

Hello Mike

I know that you are away paddling your canoe up the Amazon, but perhaps you
might care to answer this one when you return.  I have also forwarded it to Ron
Meadowcroft.

Shirley S.

From:               Peter Metcalf, TVN Representative Chiltern U3A

Subject:           Help Desks at General Meetings

Chiltern U3A is proposing to set up an IT Help Desk on a regular basis at one
of our monthly General Meetings.  Initially the Help Desk would cover IT
problems but this could be expanded to cover other subjects if it was felt that
there was a need.

We have recently had made very useful contact with a local grammar school and
one of the results is that one of their pupils would assist at this IT Help
Desk.

We would be very pleased to hear from any U3A Groups in the TVN which have set
up a similar Help Desk. Your experience; any pitfalls; what topics did you
cover; how did you make it work?  Any comments from a Group already running a
Help Desk would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter Metcalf

u3atvn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx