[u3aavcuss] AVG problems

  • From: "Mike Bean" <Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:44:23 -0000

Diana Richmond asked:

Hello all

Still having AVG problem. Tells me that my e-mail scanner is not active
(everything is 'ticked' and appears to be working well. Doing an  update
makes no difference. Have gone on to AVG website and cannot make head or
tail of any info there !. Has anyone else had problems? And how did you
solve it.

Diana

I replied:

Diana, which version of AVG are you using - I had just the problem you
described on my wife's machine on Friday - she had version 7.5.something,
not 8.0

I upgraded it to the free 8.0 version and the e-mail (well, all access
scans) was re-enabled.

To find current version:

*       Right click on the AVG icon in the taskbar (right hand side)
*       Click on Open AVG user interface
*       Click on the Help menu tab
*       Click 'about AVG' ----> version number.

Get version 8.0 from:
Download button at the bottom of a column marked 'AVG Free')

If you are already on 8.0 then we'll have to think again!

Mike

16:55