[tvservice] Re: 46W500 Problems

  • From: Matthew McNeely <mcneely@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:11:36 -0500

Hi Mike,

If the output transistor is running that hot then something is drawing to much current. if you have access to resistance charts for the set I would use a ohm meter and check down stream from the transistor for lower than normal resistances. Also does the set have a damper diode? that could be leaky.

Matt
yes I put compuond on it. It is defintely transferring the heat because the heat sink gets so hot it will burn you after only running the tv about 10 minutes or so.
    Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:44:16 -0800
    From: tcccjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [tvservice] Re: 46W500 Problems
    To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Did you put heat sink compound or a rubber pad are the plastic
    ring on it before screwing it down?

    */Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

        its running but the 2SC5909 is still getting really really hot
        so I don't leave it running very long because it will blow
        it.  And the only place I found that has them at a reasonable
price is in the UK and it takes 2 weeks to get the part.

            Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:13:40 -0800
            From: kstang69@xxxxxxxxx
            To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

            did you get it working?

            */Mike Selnick <selnick@xxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

                Please remove my email address and my earlier message
                from your lists.  Thanks,
-- Mike

                    From: krybak1@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:42:59 -0500

                    check if leads of the transistor are reversed,
                    base and emiter  cross them

                        Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:55:33 -0800
                        From: tcccjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                        Did you try the bridge one of the diodes maybe
                        shorted.

                        */Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

                            Hi all,
I am in need of some help. This Hitachi
                            46W500 is kicking my butt.  It keeps
                            blowing the hv drive transistor.  I have
                            replaced all the electrolytic in the
                            circuit and the fly back and the smps
                            transformer.  Does anyone have some
                            experience with this issue.  Thanks.
Mike

                            Your smile counts. The more smiles you
                            share, the more we donate. Join in!

<http://us.f838.mail.yahoo.com/ym/www.windowslive.com/smile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_oprsmilewlhmtagline>

                    Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play
                    Chicktionary! Check it out!

<http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_dec>

                Share now!

<http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_122007>

            Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast
            with Yahoo! Search.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

        The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer
        on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!
<http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/wheretobuy/>