[TURC] Supreme Court Ruling

  • From: "Lynne Fernandez" <lynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <turc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 14:36:52 -0600

Many of you will find this piece by NUPGE's Larry Brown on last week's Supreme Court Ruling useful. It is a format we call a "Work Life" and we put it out through the Errol Black Chair (EBC) in Labour Issues at the Manitoba office of the CCPA.

The EBC works directly with union folks and academics locally and puts these out regularly in Manitoba. We would like to extend the EBC reach nationally, and this piece is an example of the sort of issues the EBC can circulate widely.

If anyone, anywhere in Canada thinks s/he has a topic that would be of interest to this group and to CCPA members in general, please contact me. The Work Life format accommodates 1,000 words, but we could also do longer pieces of just over 2,000 words. These pieces go to local media and are sometimes picked up by the Winnipeg Free Press. We could also arrange to send them to national media or media in other areas.

Any topic relating to workers (unionized or not), or policy that impacts workers would be of interest. And the topic can be local, regional or national in scope.

Lynne Fernandez
Errol Black Chair in Labour Issues
Project coordinator
CCPA Mb.