Re: [tuning-math] Glumma

  • From: Carl Lumma <carl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:08:23 -0700

>Periodicity blocks? They aren't epimorphic/CS.

Well, I thought we decided that block = epimorphic + convex.
It looks to me like the two glumma family is convex.  Not
epimorphic, eh?  From monz's tuning dictionary, I get that a
scale is epimorphic when there's a single val that can map
all its degrees to integers.  I'm missing some details.  Can
you show how one of these scales is not "epimorphic".

"epimorphic/CS" -- forgive me if we've been over this (I
can't find anything in the archives), but does epimorphic
equal constant structures?

>They really aren't very regular, which I presume is why you
>don't like them.

That's right, and I think Paul had decided that blocks whose
smallest 2nd was larger than their smallest unison vector
would be... something.  Proper?  CS?  I forget.

-Carl

with the subject line "info tuning-math".  Or visit the
website:  < //www.freelists.org/list/tuning-math > .