TT Q-Tip: QuickTip: Fall in Love with TalkBed

  • From: TuneTracker Systems <ttcommandcenter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tunetracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:46:19 -0500

This week's QuickTip coming up, but first...

==> The New "Game Button!"

As we near the May 1st release of the exciting new Command Center 4.5 software suite, we're pleased to announce another asked-for feature we're sure you'll like. Introducing, the "Game Button," our 11th command button type.

The Game Button lets you insert a sports log (or any other special log) into the currently-running program log, or tomorrow's program log, from within Command Center. You can drag the button to any location in the log, to place it where you like, and it will be auto-inserted there...or, if you instead click the button, the log is inserted just below the gold, next-to-play event.

We have created a YouTube video to show you the Game Button in action.

http://www.youtube.com/dsuden

There are many more features and surprises in the new suite. "Stay tuned" for more details!

--

QuickTip:  "Fall in love with TalkBed"

One feature in Command Center that really works like a dream is the TalkBed feature, and in our prejudiced way, we think *everybody* should be using it! First, here's what you should put in your log:

# VT Comment TalkBed
(followed by your voice track, weather, headlines, whatever)

Then, mark the Comment field of one or more instrumental tracks with the word, TalkBed. Simple as that.

What'll happen is, Command Center will play the talk bed under your voice track, weather, whatever, at a reduced volume so that it doesn't overwhelm the voice. If the item that follows your voice track is a song, and the ramp of the song has been marked, Command Center will transition from the talk bed to the song (also at reduced volume) at just the right time to assure that the voice track concludes just as the singing begins.

The amount that the talk bed volume is reduced while the voice track is playing is set using the "Voice track" text box in the first tab of System Prefs, under "Voice track and Overlay ducking."

You're by no means limited to just using the Comment field or the TalkBed label either. Here are a few examples of things you can do:

# VT Genre Techno
Play /boot/Station/News/Today's Tech News.mp3

# VT Comment WeatherBed
Play /boot/Station/Weather/Forecast.mp3

# VT Comment PublicAffairsTheme
# GetPlay /boot/Station/Community Calendar/CC_061312.wav

The latter example shows that you can use a talkbed along with a dated cut retrieved using the # GetPlay command.

--

==> The new "TuneStacker" training DVD!

We're excited to announce the release of a "FastTracker Learning Series" training DVD covering the all-important area of log creation.

- Understanding and using "attributes"
- How the TuneTracker system finds your songs
- Creating a "format clock"
- Combining format clocks into a "master log"
- Turning a master log into a "program log"
- Advanced features and extras

The $19.95 "Broadcast Logs" training DVD is available to order from our web site:

http://www.tunetrackersystems.com/order_fasttracker.html

or call 920-273-0543 and order with your credit card.

TuneTracker QuickTips are sent out as a courtesy e-mail through TuneTracker
Support Services.  If you do not wish to receive QuickTips, please just let us
know and we'll remove you from the QuickTips list immediately.