[tssg-tech] Technical Skills Share Group Meeting; Wednesday, September 29th Agenda

  • From: "James Drewniak" <idmnstr2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tssg-chelmsford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 21:26:07 -0400

Technical Skills Share Group Meeting;

Where: Chelmsford Public Library, McCarthy Meeting Room
 <http://www.chelmsfordlibrary.org/library_info/directions>
http://www.chelmsfordlibrary.org/library_info/directions

or

<http://www.chelmsfordlibrary.org/programs/programs/technical_skill_share_gr
oup.html>
www.chelmsfordlibrary.org/programs/programs/technical_skill_share_group.html

Wednesday, September 29th Agenda:
1:30 to 3:15 pm, Android Project (Jim Cant)

1.     Discussion of issues, problems with source control access,
downloading initial code base, getting it to run.  Other technical problems

2.     Scrum: each participant (or team) presents: progress during last
week, goals for next week, problems/roadblocks.  We will have a short
discussion based on current status that may help in setting future goals.

3.     General discussion the projects goals and direction beyond what is
covered in #2.

3:15 to 4:00 pm, Group Networking.

A General/Open time when we can discuss recent status and strategy of
networking for the technical professional.

4:00 to 5:45 pm: Generic programming and the C++ STL - Continued (Nainan
Kovoor)

.         Brief review of previous session's materials

.         Associative containers - sets, multisets, maps, multimaps - and
associated algorithms, in detail.

.         An example using associative containers

.         Container adaptors

.         Exceptions and the STL.

What is coming up:

October 6th at 4:00 to 5:45pm, Android Project: JAVA (Android) Videos &
Discussion (Jim)

We will view the video and have group discussions to fill in any blanks.

<http://code.google.com/events/io/2010/sessions/casting-wide-net-android-dev
ices.html>
http://code.google.com/events/io/2010/sessions/casting-wide-net-android-devi
ces.html

We would also like to thank our sponsors;
-Chelmsford Public Library for the sponsorship of the group that includes
but not limited to; Facilities, Advertising, A/V, and other items.

-SourceHosting.net for outsourced source control and bug tracking services

For further information about the group please contact:
Jim.Drewniak@xxxxxxxxxxx