[tssg-tech] Position for Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Browser

  • From: "Robin T Goodman" <rtgood@xxxxxx>
  • To: <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:20:03 -0400

Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Browser
Position Description:

Get to know us at Nokia. If you thought you knew us, we invite you to look
closer - this is where content digitalization, the Internet, mobility and
context all converge. Mobile maps, music, games, and new technologies are
explored and served up here in a comprehensive digital world. Step inside -
we hope you stay a while.

Consider our Devices division. In this division, we create winning devices
and the best, most loved device portfolio in the marketplace to enable
Nokia's services. Devices is also responsible for creating compelling
platforms to enable Nokia's Services strategy.

Driven by consumer and customer insights, Devices makes sure that our
products have the best fit and ideal set of features and functions for the
consumer needs, for different markets and trade customers.

This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on the Web Runtime (WRT)
and S60 mobile web browser operating on millions of devices around the
world. The WRT and Browser Engineering Team play a key role in Nokia's
continued push for prominence in the emerging mobile internet industry.

We are seeking talented software engineers to work with an established, fun,
and dynamic software engineering team to develop and enhance the web
runtime, browser, and web tool chain used on Nokia and other devices.

You would be responsible for helping design and innovate cutting edge
solutions for Nokia's WRT platform and browser, solve complex technical
problems relating to our software asset, and work closely with other
development teams all over the world to insure the competitiveness of
Nokia's internet solutions.

 Requirements:

Experience in C++, Object Oriented Analysis and Design is essential.

.         Knowledge of core web technologies like HTML, XML, DOM, CSS,
JavaScript, RSS etc. and protocols like HTTP is required.

.         Capacity to think 'out of the box' with innovative ideas

.         Linux OS or Symbian OS experience preferred

.         QT programming experience or embedded application development with
an appreciation of small device constraints is a plus

.         Exposure to working with Open Source Communities or professional
Open Source development and tools is an advantage

Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical,
dental and paid time off. We offer an industry-leading 401k plan, an
employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs.  Nokia
understands the importance of juggling professional and personal interests,
and offers support for meaningful achievement in work, family, friends and
self.

Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and
competencies in order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also
have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia technology on a daily basis.

Join a global company that can challenge you and encourage you to innovate.
After all, our days are devoted to developing the potential of mobility.
It's your world. At Nokia, you have an extraordinary opportunity to shape
it. Our future is your creation.

If you would like to apply online, login to our career site
<http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10120/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en>  and
search for the job number EMB00000016.

If you do not wish to receive further job posting notifications, unsubscribe
<http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/careersection/candidateportal/myaccoun
t/myAccountMessageEdit.jsf?lang=en&portal=640122033&ctx=1> now. You can
subscribe again later, while applying for a position or reviewing your
profile.

We thank you for your interest in Nokia.

Best regards,
Nokia Human Resources
  <http://nokia.taleo.net/custom/images/company_logo_01.gif>