[tssg-tech] Next week's tech session; provisional agenda

  • From: "Jim Cant" <cant_jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tssg tech" <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:49:49 -0400

Hi,

Thought I'd offer my expectation of Wednesday's session so that we might have
the same expectations.

1.  Discussion of any problems or roadblocks that are hindering people.
2.  Scrum (progress reports) -- last week's progress, next week's target,
hindrances.  Note: I've added my view of the individual tasks which may vary
from the view of others; we'll resolve conflicts.
  RSS module.  (Harry)  how to programmatically get the feed from BEL;
pre-processing the feed.  Can we do this with Android resources or do we have
to import other tools?

  Database (Peter)  1st crack at a schema based on content of RSS feed (and
whatever additional data we may want to maintain).

  Database (Kieu) Working on a database object that will interact with the
SQLite database and that will provide methods for the CoreToDatabase adaptor to
call.

  UI/Core (Julie, Lucy, Robin) Prototypes of screens, actions available on
each, controls to invoke actions, relationships between screens.

  Display of individual events (Rob) prototype of display of event summary as a
list item; display of  detailed view of event (either 'in line' in a summary
list or as individual screen).  How to show an event as the 'current' or
'focused' event.

  Android UI paradigms (Priscilla).  Will explore the Android app store looking
for apps that might give us insight into goods ways to do UI on the phone.
(Along the way, she'll discover how to run the emulator in a standalone mode
with an arbitrary application.)

  BELEvent object. (Mike)  design a Java object that will capture the data in a
BostonEventList event listing and methods (setters, getters, etc.) for that
object.

  Initial code base (Jim)  Initialize source control with a directory structure
for our application.  This should be importable into Eclipse to serve as the
starting point for development.
Visual aids will be useful, I'm sure, for much of this.  If you want to use the
projector but don't have a laptop available, attach your files to an e-mail to
me and we'll get them projected that way.

3.  Planning: next steps, course corrections, etc.

Let me know if I can be of any help.  See you Wednesday.

Cheers,

jim