[triadtechtalk] Too many patches

  • From: "ROBERT BURGER" <RobertBurger36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TriadTechTalk" <TriadTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:00:31 -0500

I made a big mistake.  I bought a second hand XP computer and did not connect
it to the internet for several months.  So when I did, I got a big bunch of MS
updates.  All the check boxes were checked but I had highlighted only one ...
meaning to only download one update.  All of them started to download and I
could not find a way to stop them.  I know that after some of the updates, the
computer needs to be re-started.

Can I delete them somehow?  And then un-checking the boxes and download them
one at a time.

I thought of using RESTORE but I just spent 2 nights (1 and 1/2 hours and 2
hours) with MSN getting MSN set up.  RESTORE would wipe all of MSN effort out.

Thanks.

Robert