[triadtechtalk] System Restore Help

  • From: Bodi Gormely <bodhigo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 09:22:22 -0400

Armando in a response to Bryan you mention using System Restore to revert to a
pre-virus infection. I have Vista OS on my laptop computer and would like to
know step by step how to access and do a System Restore in Vista.

I do not have a virus but  I do have a non responsive cursor. I can't figure
out how to do the Restore. It has to be buried somewhere in the Vista OS. I
haven't been able to find it yet and I am so limited without the pointer
control.

 It is possible that I may have disabled something  necessary related to the
functioning of the mouse when I pared down from a long list of things that were
automatically included on the Start-up menu. I used the CC Cleaner tools option
to do the disabling.

At the same time I did the disabling I installed a lot of Msft recommended
patches. Perhaps it was caused by the patches. Neither the touch-pad on my
laptop nor a plug-in auxiliary mouse moved the pointer when I restarted the
computer several hours later.

The Windows key responds so if you or any other willing reader can advise me
from this point that would be the best help and I will be most grateful. Thank
you.

From BodiVIEW ARCHIVES @ //www.freelists.org