[triadtechtalk] Re: PartitionMagic 4.0

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:16:44 -0500

Daylight Time,
> cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > study up on that so I don't
> > muck my whole system up and lose it all with no way
> > out!

> Clarence teh chances of doing an f/disk without
messing anything up is below
> next to nill.... anytime you do any sort of
partitoning you take the chance
> of messing up your drive data... and seeing how bad
yours is.. again... why
> keep trying to addon more and more problems... you
havent fixed anything but
> added more to go wrong....

Well, I guess all the so called experts are wrong about
the hype they put out
about how much partitioning a HD helps things run
smoother then and I should
just forget about it all together!  And since I have
finally got this monster to run
all day without breathing fire, except for one reboot
which I did on my own, I
shouldn't have to partition after all!

> and I have no idea of what alhoa Bobs is as I dont
> use any of those odd ball stuff.... lol..

That was the relocator I spoke of in the beginning of
my problems after I
transferred all my data from my old 350 to this new
800, but you may have
missed that part!  It came highly recommended and
finally did the job after
several tries!

> keeps me from getting the system
> messed up as is... when people attempt to divert the
integration of any of
> the windows system files it definetly messes up and
MSIE is an integrated
> part of windows.... and I cant reason why anyone
wants to break up an
> integrated system files to another portion of a
disk... that is just asking
> for troubles....

Nor can I, which is the reason I was going to install
Win98, MSIE & OE on
the new partition all by itself to preclude any
possible conflicts with any of
the other programs on my C:\ drive!

> again.. if were me.. I would simply bite the bullet..
clean
> the mess off and start all over again.... and there
has been many a time have
> had to do so due to bad Beta file overwrites... but
with a good backup the
> problems become negligable other than the time and
effort to utilize the
> backup system.

Yeah, which may be my only choice in the end, but
biting the bullet will be
hard on gums with no teeth!  ; )  Well, IE6 is the only
beta I have ever tried
and it was just a last ditch effort since none of the
other IE's worked either!

>        but its my thoughts.... so..... Chuck... in OK

Your thougts are good ones as far as I can tell Chuck!

.......clarence in TN.......

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi