[triadtechtalk] Re: Outlook Express And some links

  • From: "Bruce Eddy" <beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:15:58 -0500

Things you can do to sort thru this.

You can clear Event Manager . then open Outlook let it crash again and see
if the Event manager now shows you any issues.

 uninstall any spam programs you have.. also remove any spam add-ons that
might be lurking in the background..see if the problem persists.  Uninstall
ZA and see if it goes away, I'm betting it's not ZA unless ZA has become
corrupted somehow..

You can also run 'detect and repair' under the Outlook help menu item and
see if that finds/fixes anything. But you may need the Office install CD to
run that.

I'm more inclined to think it's from some cleaner program that got a little
overzealous. Or a file has gotten corrupted somewhere. Possibly could be
from file associations having gotten corrupted/or changed too.

Just some thoughts,

Bruce

From: sam thomson <mailto:fishnsam@xxxxxxx>

Juanita,

If you have Win XP go to Tools\Options\Connection and remove the check mark

in front of "Hang up after sending and receiving."

___________________________

I do have XP

It isn't checked. Sure sounds like a good tip  to remember though thanks.

Perhaps it is the junk mail filter doing it. I am now thinking maybe it
might be because I don't have the address that I am trying to open or send
in my  address book.

I would love to disable it but when I do I start getting tons of junk mail.
Sure makes sense why ZA slows you PC down

I tried to open an email from TTT the other day and it put me back to the
desk top. Now thinnking back I believe ZA put that  email in the junk
folder. I think it was the xmas card with the puzzle.

Thanks again