[triadtechtalk] Re: Help changing start up picture

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:37:27 -0800 (PST)

A miracle that goes porn? Nahh, impossible! (LOL)

Here are 3 possibilities in ascending order of
difficulty:

1)You might first want to try using a spyware
removal program, such as AdAware or Spybot.
Both are spyware removers. Once you have downloaded
and installed them, proceed to update them via
their very own update interface.

Now that they are updated, check for spyware
with the one first, deleting/fixing *all* instances
of spyware it reports. Now do the same with the second
one. Each of these has a "guard"
or prevention utility - enable/implement it.

To check for spyware:
AdAware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

SpybotS&D
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

2)If that is not helpful in resolving this crap
and if it's not the logo in the BIOS, then
XTEQ's Xsetup will help you change
the boot logo to what you want:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6906,00.asp
The program includes "wizards" that will let you seek
what you can do about boot up choices.

3)If it's the logo embedded in the BIOS
someone must have conducted
this malfeasance.

By using this utility from DELL,
splasha0.exe now called SPL-A01.exe
you may be able to change it to whatever you want.
Get it here:
http://tinyurl.com/2bakl

HTH,
armando

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:03:46 -0500, "Donna Clark" wrote:

I have read Triad's discussions for a while now and
have found them to be very informative.  I'm hoping I
can get a quick
answer to my question and save myself a lot time
searching in text books for the
answer.  I'm not very technical so I hope I can explain
the situation
adequately - here I go -- When I first turn on my
computer I used to get a blue
screen that showed the word "Dell" and it's logo.  A
week ago that changed
to show an obscene picture.  I don't know what
happened, and my college
daughter insists she doesn't either....nor would any of
here friends have done
it.  BUT, the only thing that has been different in my
home is that she is
home on school vacation and has had friends in and out.
 I assume that I
would go to look somewhere in the windows directory for
this picture's file, but
I don't know the name of it or the original file
either, how would I find
it?  I'm using Windows 2000.  Any suggestions will be
greatly
appreciated.
Thanks - Donna C.