[triadtechtalk] Re: Drivers

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:10:46 EST

In a message dated 3/30/02 8:21:50 PM Central Standard Time,
gboro@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Is there a place on my Win 98 computer to copy the drivers for everything
> including the motherboard prior to reformatting harddrive?

you should have the driverinstallation files on CDs for each piece if
hardware or a disk that came with the pc..... if not... going to be a bit
difficult to redo it....need to go to eachhardware site covering each piece
of hardware for your system and thewn if they are under 1.4 megs download
them to floppies... or if possible get with someone who has a cd burner and
use their pc todownload all the files you need and burn them to cd.. that way
you will get the install.exe files needed to install all the drivers etc.....
cant just download drivers alone as lots more is needed than simply
drivers.... btw.... I do belive that is one of the major faults you are
having with your win media player..... missing drivers or bad ones... and you
do ned the full instalation files for your hardware as the windows cd doesnt
have them all that you may need.....Chuck... in Ok