[trh] RvR topic

  • From: "Shawn Goerke" <s_goerke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: trh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:02:49 -0700

Olden/Bob/Natt's topic:

I agree 98% with most of the suggestions and/or responses.  We do have a
large alliance now and running a raid is TOUGH, balancing groups is near
IMPOSSIBLE, our experiences in Raum trying to fairly dole out the exp was
very troublesome with a mixed crowd of 30-47's.

Camping at Upp. - YES, we try to do it, but occasionally RL or in-game
things come up and we end up in Gna 5 min before raid =( Sowwy.

ONE PERSON LEADS!! One person does administration duties, we have tried to
help out in this department as much as possible, but when it's understood
that XXX is leading the raid, no one listens to anyone but XXX.  For this to
work the concept must be put forth to all in alliance.  Tang and I have the
opportnity to work together ofr the most part and would be happy to assist
the raid leaders with these types of duties.

Stragglers should be shot! JK But they must at least be curteous of those
that were on time and not shout that we MUST come pick thier late butts up
so they don't get sniped.  I like Bob's plan with taking SK or another keep
on first wave, gathering the errant latecomer and heading to another keep
(or two or three) <EG>  Also support Bob's "If you're late form a group and
chill until you're picked up" plan.

Binding, we have been bound in Hug for about 10 levels now, except on the
odd Malm raid or something.  Those of us hunting in Raum alot know thats a
good spot to bind for all types of guild/alliance events and for Exping.  I
don't know about you, but tang and I have not HAD to release (not saying we
didn't die hehe) for around 10 levels, so bind points are moot most of the
time for exp hunts, but very important in RvR where wipe outs are part of
the job description.

Lae's reply:

We TOTALLY agree, lately it seems to offset the higher level people we are
saddling them with low 30's (no derogatory meaning intended).  I seem to
remember in EQ when there was any major raid, we always had a stike group
that was the highest/best equipped for the job at hand.  Other groups were
there to support and back up that main group.  Often times this did not mean
the highest level chars were in that group, just the most needed and
qualified.  Last raid I think Tang and me were in a group with 6 lower lvl
30's peeps.  This didn't hurt our RvR or the experience at all.. but it made
Tang's life hell trying to keep up with 6 younger guys getting gnawed on,
and I was left to fend for myself most of the time.  They also did not get
the benefit of being RP PL'd like in PvE combat and having higher levels in
the group, in fact I think we got LESS RP's simply because we couldn't
battle as well as higher average level groups.  I agree with Bobo on the
having the groups designed around each guild's helaers, to keept he average
group level about the same.  Only problem I see is that Tang is not a
healer, so we can't form our own group like Bob/Mak or Lae/Q can.  This will
drive one groups average level up, especcially now with Q 44 =) Grats BTW
bro, didn't see you online last nite to Congradulate you.  Ultimately in RvR
the points distributed to teh group memebers is not based on the damage done
by the individual members, but by how many memebers are there.  A group of 8
30's will get the same RP's as a group of 8 40+ if they kill the same guy.
Making it 2 groups of 4 40+ and 4 30's does not change the RP reward, just
makes the battle tougher for the healers, and then onto the tanks that
aren't getting healed.  Nuff said, I rambled sowwy.

I don't know about you other pure melee guys, but I HAVE to get into the
fray, chase enemies down and get seriously beat on because I HAVE NO RANGE
ATTACKS and I don't have any spell to cast on other groups like Bladeturn
(which BTW gives you realm points from the kill, kinda like stealing exp by
healing).  Hence the only RP's I get are when I either run up to a caster
and hit him really hard, then die from his friends (leaving me with a 50/50
chance the schmuck hasn't died within the last 20 minutes), or I have a
group of casters/hunters that can actually tag and kill enemies in the only
real RvR style lately, Ranged attacks/battles.  Perhaps this will be
different in Hibbyland, but I don't know how.

I LOVE TAKING A KEEP.  Although there is no RP reward (/rude Mythic) I feel
that this is more challenging as running around for a half an hour and
finding one grey to kill.  I love the fact that a zerker is practically
designed as a siege engine.  If we could take the hits easier killing a Lord
would be cake.  Side thought, when taking the Lord out, we need to have our
major agro takers in there FIRST, so we don't have the Lord spanking on our
healers and casters because they got up there first.  I do pretty good
against a Lord, I can get and keep agro fairly quickly now.  When whoever
has the agro calls it out, (like what happened alot of the time on EQ raids)
we need to have our healers concentrate the healing and have the runies
concentrate the BT's on him/her (as I recall the Lords are impervious to
magic and range attacks).  Much like I've said before it makes the job
easier when you only have to heal one guy, rather than having the Lord
bounce around trying to kill everyone a little at a time.

Whew.. FLAME ON =P, lets hear your thought on some of this.