[tos-list] Hill Country Weekender, April 11-13, 2014

  • From: "Jim Hailey" <irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TOS-List" <tos-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Texbirds '" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 12:16:09 -0600

I am happy to announce the first TOS Weekender of 2014:

Hill Country Weekender
The spring Weekender will focus on Breeding Bird Specialties of the Texas
Hill Country and Dr. Byron Stone has agreed to provide the classroom
instruction.  Byron is President Elect of TOS.   This Weekender will be
headquartered at the Holiday Inn Express in Uvalde, Texas and first
preference will be given to current TOS members.  The program will feature
classroom instruction both Friday and Saturday evenings and field trips on
Saturday and Sunday mornings.  You can expect to be through by noon on
Sunday for return travel.  The Weekender is limited to 30 participants, so
if you are interested I urge you to contact me soon.  The fee for this event
will $75.00 for members and $100.00 for non-members (which includes a one
year membership fee).  Should there be any entrance fees to birding sites on
our field trips, those will be paid by the participants.  To secure your
place on this Weekender contact Jim Hailey at irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx.

Jim Hailey
President
Texas Ornithological Society