[torontocbm] Re: Personal Computer Museum and Jim Butterfield Tribute Day

  • From: Analog X64 <analogx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Toronto CBM <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 16:33:21 -0400

I will mark June 13th on my Calendar, and I'll see if there are any other
goodies I'm willing to donate to the Museum. :)

From: sbolton@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [torontocbm] Personal Computer Museum and Jim Butterfield Tribute Day
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:37:15 -0400

Hey folks

Thanks to all the TPUG’ers and folks on this list that
attended the Star Wars Spring Cleanup at the Personal Computer Museum
(http://www.pcmuseum.ca) yesterday. It was a
very successful day, bringing in over 300 visitors and we saved thousands of
pounds of electronics from the landfill.

I just wanted to let you know, ahead of time, about two of our
upcoming events that might be of interest to you.

The museum is next open on Saturday, June 13 from 10am-4pm. An
episode of LabRats.TV (now part of the Butterscotch.com network) featuring G4
Tech TV and Cable Pulse 24 personality ANDY WALKER will be at the museum. Sean
Carruthers, co-host and Matt Harris (producer) will also be with us that day!
Please pass this message on to anyone you think might be interested. I
understand Andy will be giving out T-Shirts as well.

On Sunday, June 14th, the museum will be
featuring a relaxed get together to celebrate the life of Jim Butterfield.
Vicki Butterfield and Karl Hildon will be there as well as some other guests
that are unconfirmed. Weather permitting, we’ll be outside around the “campfire”
sharing our favourite stories about Jim and we’re even going to smoke a
package of cigars that Jim owned that were uncovered. Hot dogs and hamburgers
will be provided by the museum (donations for them appreciated but not
necessary) and if you want something different, bring your own and use our BBQ.

The event will happen in the afternoon starting around 2pm
and finishing with supper. Again this is an informal event but I encourage you
to attend if possible or please forward this message to anyone you feel might
be interested.

A number of visitors that came from the Toronto area
remarked what an easy drive it is to Brantford—which it is. QEW Hamilton
turns into the 403 and we’re just a couple of kilometers from the highway
exit. Maps and directions at http://www.pcmuseum.ca.

Again thanks for your support and hopefully see you soon!

PS: If anyone is interested in coming down on the Saturday
and staying overnight in Brantford to attend the event on Sunday as well,
please let me know as we can help make arrangements for you.

Windows Live helps you keep up with all your friends, in one place.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9660826