[torontocbm] Personal Computer Museum and Jim Butterfield Tribute Day

  • From: "Syd Bolton" <sbolton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:37:15 -0400

Hey folks

Thanks to all the TPUG'ers and folks on this list that attended the Star
Wars Spring Cleanup at the Personal Computer Museum (http://www.pcmuseum.ca)
yesterday. It was a very successful day, bringing in over 300 visitors and
we saved thousands of pounds of electronics from the landfill.

I just wanted to let you know, ahead of time, about two of our upcoming
events that might be of interest to you.

The museum is next open on Saturday, June 13 from 10am-4pm. An episode of
LabRats.TV (now part of the Butterscotch.com network) featuring G4 Tech TV
and Cable Pulse 24 personality ANDY WALKER will be at the museum. Sean
Carruthers, co-host and Matt Harris (producer) will also be with us that
day! Please pass this message on to anyone you think might be interested. I
understand Andy will be giving out T-Shirts as well.

On Sunday, June 14th, the museum will be featuring a relaxed get together to
celebrate the life of Jim Butterfield. Vicki Butterfield and Karl Hildon
will be there as well as some other guests that are unconfirmed. Weather
permitting, we'll be outside around the "campfire" sharing our favourite
stories about Jim and we're even going to smoke a package of cigars that Jim
owned that were uncovered. Hot dogs and hamburgers will be provided by the
museum (donations for them appreciated but not necessary) and if you want
something different, bring your own and use our BBQ.

The event will happen in the afternoon starting around 2pm and finishing
with supper. Again this is an informal event but I encourage you to attend
if possible or please forward this message to anyone you feel might be
interested.

A number of visitors that came from the Toronto area remarked what an easy
drive it is to Brantford-which it is. QEW Hamilton turns into the 403 and
we're just a couple of kilometers from the highway exit. Maps and directions
at http://www.pcmuseum.ca.

Again thanks for your support and hopefully see you soon!

PS: If anyone is interested in coming down on the Saturday and staying
overnight in Brantford to attend the event on Sunday as well, please let me
know as we can help make arrangements for you.